As in 2020, life this year has required plenty of resilience. As sustainable ag professionals, we have continued to pivot and adjust to meet the needs of the moment. Yet here at Trust In Food™—and, we suspect, within your own organization—we’ve also experienced the joy of forward progress on behalf of farmers, ranchers, our many partners and a regenerative food future.
In 2021, we saw the Biden administration put the changing climate front and center in its agenda. We experienced a surge of interest in carbon markets as the number of ecosystem services marketplaces increased rapidly. Many companies across the agri-food value chain made new sustainability commitments. And farmers continued to step up to make their contributions to climate-smart agriculture heard. Each of these examples and many others illustrate the value of working hand in hand to elevate the conversation around sustainable food production. We are proud to be part of that.
Here are Trust In Food, some of our proudest moments included:
- Hosting the fourth annual Trust In Food Symposium, with all-time high attendance
- Launching the Farmer Perspectives on Data 2021
- Publishing the America’s Conservation Ag Movement (ACAM) Connected Ag Working Group Whitepaper developed by ACAM’s Founding Partners
- Successfully engaging producers on conservation ag across millions of touchpoints via ACAM
- Kicking off the new Trust In Beef™ collaborative value chain program to empower ranchers to enact meaningful sustainability-related change over the next 5 years while providing beef marketers with concrete case studies and data around beef’s upwards sustainability trajectory.
- 20+ speaking engagements across the country by Trust In Food team members
We’re only getting started. As we look ahead to 2022, we’ll continue to ask, “How can we improve?” We’d welcome your feedback to ensure we are delivering the best data, insights, programming and resources to help farmers, ranchers and growers make change, meeting producers where they are on their journey.
Thank you for the work you are doing to build a more resilient U.S. agriculture. We are hopeful our paths will cross again in the New Year.
From all of us at Trust In Food™: Happy holidays!